Henry Ford used his imagination and skills to change the automobile industry. Here are five fast facts you may not know about Henry Ford:
- Ford’s first working automobile was a quadricycle that he couldn’t fit out the workshop door.
- In 1902, Ford built a race car, 999, which had no steering wheel or transmission.
- More than 10,000 Model T cars were purchased in 1908, the first year this model was produced.
- Ford was good friends with other entrepreneurs, like Thomas Edison and Harvey Firestone.
- From 1913 to 1925, the Model T was available only in black in order to cut time and costs.
Want to know more about Ford’s race car, 999? Check out this video!